Durango Area

Felix Mata

Hi Reefers:
I'm going to be moving to Durango some time in early summer, I have a 200 gal reef and fish tank that I might take with me or get a new one depends on how hard it will be to move it, one thing I need to know is if there is a club in the Durango area or where is the nearest one, I need all the info I can get please. Right now I'm in Mission Viejo,Orange County Ca.
Also I have notice that there is only one shop in Durango that caters to salt water and another one that just opened up but it is strictly fresh water, does any body out there has any input into this Thanks. Felix Mata.

I'm not aware of any clubs in the area, but most of us on this board are on the front range (Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver, Ft Collins, Greeley and everywhere in between) and a handful in Grand Junction. Unless you're wanting to drive to Colorado Springs or Grand Junction your closest meeting might actually be in Northern New Mexico... Wish I had more info for you.

Eric:
Thank you for your reply, as you know I will be new to the area and need al the help I can get, again thanks for the reply. felix

I moved from Anaheim to Colorado Springs about a year ago. Because of a 5 week hotel stay waiting for the house to be finished I was unable to bring the fully stocked tank with me, broke my heart to sell it off.
One thing to keep in mind is that the entire state of Colorado probably has the same number of SW stores as the city of Huntington Beach. I definately miss that. Plus being so far away from the wholesale vendors in LA means that things are a bit more expensive and selection is lacking.

Eric
Thanks again and if I'm ever in the area I will take you up on the offer, and if you are ever in the Durango area and I'm set up again come by and take a look at my tank, I will post my address when I get going ok.

Justin:
I'm on the seme boat that you were, I have a tall 200 gal tank and it is going to be hard to break down and it is going to break my hart to stress out all of the fish and corals, I have SPS, LPS, soft corals, ricordias, Zoos, etc. and the one good thing is that some time ago when I was setting up my new tank I got to know this gut by the name Ben the owner of a 1 year old new SW shop in Irvine called Coral Oasis and he helped me a lot with the plumming and other things, any way it develop into a real frienship that he ask me to help him at the shop in exchange for live and dry goods, and it has been a real experience to say the least, I'm retired and have some time in my hands, but any way I'm going to miss this a lot but he is coming with me to Durango to help set up my new what I hope will be a 300 gal tank, and when we break down my tank I will be able to take everything to his shop for a while to keep.
Any way this is getting too long keep in touch. Felix

Back