Dusty Looking Water

tower

i NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE MY WATER LOOK AS IF ITS AS CLEAN AS AIR. iS THERE A WAY? mY WATER QUALITY IS GOOD ALL ACROSS THE BOARD. BUT AS YOU LOOK AT IT, IT LOOKS AS IF THERE IS DUST IN THE WATER.

It may help if you have a look at that caps lock key... there is no need to yell.

With regard to you problem:
You may have a lot of particulate matter in your water, microbubbles, or both.

Without knowing what kind of setup you have, it would be hard to tell you how to make your water clear.

A filter sock at the end of your overflows would help. You may also try running carbon (Randy can comment on this).

Bean

I agree, it is hard to tell what sort of issue you have. It could be bubbles, normal organic particulates (detritus), inorganic solids preciptiating, a bacterial bloom, something spawniong, etc. Most likely it is just detritus, and mechanical filtration may help.

Can you post a picture so we can see how cloudy the water is?

No it's not bubbles. It just looks as if there is a little bit of dust floating through the water. As if I were to gently pour water into the sump and mix up the crap in the bottum of the sump. I clean out the sump every year though. And it's not like the sump has alot of junk in it either. I run a purigen bag in it. No I don't run carbon. I heard the purigo\en bags were better.???

I expect it is organic particultes. Most tanks have some (mine does), and it can be food for some organisms. Is there so much that it is unappealing?

Back