Water parameters

Funtrader

Hello group hope you all doing well. Just got my water tested and results are getting better not not there yet. Question it looks like my alk is getting to almost 12 and I heard that is not good. How can I reduce it? I am also dosing all for reef, redsea ab+ and redsea nopox. If you can help IT will be realy apriciated. I am also doing 20% water change this evening. As you can also see I have some redsea calcium and magnesium if in case you guys will recomend it. Thanks

Attachments

• 20231019_182711.jpg
    20231019_182711.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20231014_094606.jpg
    20231014_094606.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
While it’s pushing high, I wouldn’t be too concerned. As for maintaining it, AFR is designed to maintain Alk once you have it where you want it, so I’m thinking your consumption may have reduced. I’d turn off dosing of the AFR and run tests to see your average Alk consumption.

Given the AquaSpins accuracy variances, I wouldn’t be surprised if those numbers are a bit off.
IMG_9928.png

Just did a quick calculation, given the maximum variance of 15% on the Alk, your all could be as low as around 180ppm

While it’s pushing high, I wouldn’t be too concerned. As for maintaining it, AFR is designed to maintain Alk once you have it where you want it, so I’m thinking your consumption may have reduced. I’d turn off dosing of the AFR and run tests to see your average Alk consumption.

Given the AquaSpins accuracy variances, I wouldn’t be surprised if those numbers are a bit off.
View attachment 32391934
Ok will stop AFR and do another test in about 24 hour and test again. What test would you recomend that maybe will be better than the spin test?

Back