Dwarf angel

moneymark

In Memoriam
I have a 90 gallon reef tank with a coral beuty angel fish, can I add a bicolor angel without the two killing each other?

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Had they both been introduced at the same time, you might have a chance of it working out but I think you'd see a lot of aggression. In addition, trying to catch one to remove it would be a royal PITA. I also think a bicolor would not be the most reef compatable dwarf angel you could add.
JMO.

Have to disagree. Dwarf angels can fight but I have not seen them fight to harshly. Mostly chasing. My CB chases my flame angel around. I had a CB and a Bicolour Angel in a 50g once and they got on better than the CB does with teh Flame. The Bicolour didn't survive - it's not a hardy Dwarf at all. I haven't heard of many success stories of keeping them alive for long periods of time. Shame, awesome fish.

my coral beauty and bicolor get along great with each other and 3 other drawf angels but my disclaimer here is my tank is aprox 215g 6x2

90 Gallon might be ok, I'd prefer to do that with a 100 or bigger. Still, many people have Flames & Coral beauties together in 90 or 75 gal tanks. Just watch 'em closely & be prepared to seperate if needed.
I'd love to have 2 Centropyge sp. in a tank..

Matthew

I don't recommend it if you want a really harmonious tank, I have a flame a coral beauty in one of my 90's and they are ok but the flame chases the CB sometimes and it freaks the other fish out.

Mixing Centropyge angels of different species is always a risk. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Adding them at the same time or a big variation in size (like adding a much bigger specimen) or a larger tank is sometimes helpful, but not always.

FWIW, the Coral Beauty is a much sturdier fish. Bicolors are pretty delicate...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14844160#post14844160 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blface
My CB is nasty. It tries to dominate all of the other fish & I have a 220.

I guess iam lucky because i have the following draw/pygmy angels with no agression

Coral Beauty
Bicolor
1/2 black
Cherb
Eibli

and they were all added one at a time over a 1 1/2 year time frame in the order listed above into a 215g 6x2 FOWLR tank

Back