Dwarf Babies!!Pics!

Kingumar

Here is the original tank. With pics of when i got the adults.

SO! Im excited!

Just got back from the store and Whoa! see my daddy seahorse let the little ones out! This is my first time with seahorses, and first batch.

I really need suggestions on how to raise them. All the adults are wild caught i believe *got them from ccritters* and they all have been eating frozen cyclops. I found 6 of them an put them in a little breeding "thingi".

here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC03846.jpg
    DSC03846.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03845.jpg
    DSC03845.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03847.jpg
    DSC03847.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations on the new babies!
You'll need to hatch baby brine shrimp for the babies. If you aren't feeding that already, then you're going to need to get some started now, the babies have only about 24 hours of yoke they can survive off of.

Also, as a side note, I see you have a chocolate chip star in there. Chocolate chip stars are predators, and could very well eat your dwarves. I'd get it out of the tank asap.

Congrats!! The babies eat constantly and a lot of food so you have to be on top of that. It is very common to lose a lot of fry in the beginning, so don't get discouraged in case a few don't survive!

All the adults are wild caught i believe *got them from ccritters* and they all have been eating frozen cyclops.

After keeping dwarfs for 4+ years myself, I find this incredible. If you've actually seen each of them eat cyclops, please take a picture during the next feeding for me.

Thanks!
Tom

After keeping dwarfs for 4+ years myself, I find this incredible. If you've actually seen each of them eat cyclops, please take a picture during the next feeding for me.

Thanks!
Tom

Okay will do. I wait to see if every sinle one eats, and so far, they all are. Idk if ill b able to get a pic of one snapping at the food but ill try to make a short vid.

I am a little scared, the chase the frozen food i feed them, thats too good to be true. I need to do a water change asap though.

I have the horses in a 10 gal, i separated the babies in a breeder i bought for guppies. Ill take some new pics soon.

I can see the color change on some of the babies. They came out all white and i see shade of black on some.

dwarfs would do fine in a 3gal. I personally would not keep them in that size because sudden changes in water quality, temp, etc. But their size would do just fine.

I am a little scared, the chase the frozen food i feed them, thats too good to be true. I need to do a water change asap though.

I have the horses in a 10 gal, i separated the babies in a breeder i bought for guppies. Ill take some new pics soon.

I can see the color change on some of the babies. They came out all white and i see shade of black on some.

dwarf babies are the easiest to raise because they eat what the adults eat, there benthic from birth, hitch right away, and there are no problem fish to eat them in a dwarf set-up. You really dont have to keep them seperate unless you want to and for the babies you may want to try some newly hatched brine shrimp.

wow, got back home today and saw new babies. A new batch of 8 is what i found.
so i have 14 babies and 7 adults.
ill post pic in a few

Back