<<Eagle eye zoas??>>

king_Neptune

So I purchased a 20 head colony of eagle eyes today at my lfs some of the heads were closed when I first got it.when I got home only about 5 heads opened? How long does it take for zoas to acclimate? What's the ideal placement for them under h.o t5? Also how much flow?

Wow!
I'm just amazed of how many people ask the very same questions over and over around here.
That tells us how normal is for the zoas to be closed for a while when first introduced to a new system.

You can put them on the sand and wait until it gets used to the system, moving slowly to the desired spot.
They'll get used to the flow as well.

Grandis.

Yes, after a while you'll see them all open and slowly you can bring them to where you want them to be. Basically most zoas will prefer moderate to medium flow and the strongest light you can offer with your T5 fixture. The more lights over the tank the better.
The more PAR the better with a decent spectrum (white/blue). Just remember to progressively adapt all the new zoas to the lights and flow.
Normally the center of the tank gets the higher PAR. You'll see that zoas can be spread out on the rocks without problems though.
Have fun! :D

Grandis.

Zoas will close when there is something wrong.
If you keep the system with a good maintenance schedule and stability the chances of closing are less.
Also, make sure you dip all new additions to the tank to prevent any pest/zoa predators and to avoid infections.

Grandis.

Back