eating problem

Robofish

Hi All,
I have a 1 inch long gonodylactus who lost its arm in a tustle with another mantis a few days ago. At first it was having so much trouble keeping balance that I had to help it get close enough to its hide out for it to manage its way in. I can see it moving around in there a little bit and I dont know what to do about it. Is it going to starve? Its last meal was about 4 days ago. Do I need to take some evasive action and try feeding it ( All I would have to do is lift a rock), or should I just leave it be and hope for the best?
Thanx---Mike

Update:

Update:

It came out on its own and has been clumsily rambling all over the aquarium in an apparent attempt to crawl up-right. I took some Caulerpa out of my reef tank and put it in the tank because I heard sometimes they will eat these plants. Has anyone else heard of this or am I pumpin a dry well? Any tips will help.
Thanx---Mike

Hey! I kind of have the same problem. My mantis lost one of his arms also. I heard that they will grow back is this true? I have had mine for 1 month and I have never gotten him to take anything to eat. I have put in 2 snails and I think he ate those but that isn't alot to eat in a month. I have tried frozen shrimp, and some small pieces of Northern fish. He is just small maybe 1 inch long. He seems to be healthy if I move his rock he will move to another rock. I have not seen any evidence of any molting either. I really like him and am concerned about him eating and his lost pincher. If anyone has any sugestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Back