Eco-friendly live rock

So its "eco friendly" just because its taken out of the ground vs the ocean?
Then its "painted" purple.. meh...

Its already "cured" but there will still be some die off of bacteria and as such should not be added to a tank and expected to not have a potential for a mini-cycle..

There were quite a few using that "real reef rock" which is basically the same thing..
Its not a "bad" price so I don't see any real problems with it..

^ just to play devils advocate... how is rock made in fiji then shipped to Tampa bay then hauled out to the ocean then haul back then shipped to you more eco friendly?

dont get me wrong I love my TBS rock and think OP should consider it.

the point I am making Is we as people of the earth need to get off fossil fuels!
***rant over ***

There's are very good arguments for sustainably collected wild livestock. For one, as pointed out in this UN report, http://www.unep.org/PDF/From_Ocean_To_Aquarium_report.pdf wild livestock and live rock collected for the aquarium trade has a much much higher profit margin than the same items collected for local consumption (like road construction for live rock). By buying wild we really are reducing collecting pressures in many cases providing an enhanced economic reason to preserve and promote sustanable havesting practices on reefs.

^ just to play devils advocate... how is rock made in fiji then shipped to Tampa bay then hauled out to the ocean then haul back then shipped to you more eco friendly?

dont get me wrong I love my TBS rock and think OP should consider it.

the point I am making Is we as people of the earth need to get off fossil fuels!
***rant over ***

Fair play and advocate. The answer would be that their rock is taken from land and/or made (possible combination of both) compared to rock actually mined from the water. Circa 2000 most "live Fiji" rock was actual rock taken from the ocean.

This is added to a zone, animals come in and live, it ages like wine, then is later removed. Then more is added and the cycle repeats. More or less.

Back