Eco-System filter, anyone using

crabsy

Anyone using this system exclusively? (without skimmer)
Stopped in LFS today,Window to the Sea-Tustin,Ca., and they run all saltwater this way. They swear by it and say it improved the health of their fish and corals and needs minimal maintenance. Just replace 1/2 of the Miracle Mud every 18mos. or so.
Large fish loads, too. Tanks look great.

Feedback please?:) Thanks!!!

I'm using something similar, but I also run a skimmer. My tank looks great, but I tend to do proper maintenance; I can't say that it's because of Miracle Mud. Things died before adding the skimmer, things died afterwards. To be honest, the water became much clearer since adding the skimmer. When I hit the one year mark, I will remove the skimmer temporarily and see what happens.

I use one and they do recommend the use of skimmer. and I do use one, and yes, the tank and fishes are very healthy and colorful. I don't know if it is the mud or the plants.

Thanks all,
I just talked to a professional tank maintenance service owner at the LFS and he said "don't get it." It's a dirty, filthy job to change out the mud. It's so nasty he charges $200 to do it. He said stick with skimmer and fuge.

I certainly will.

Has he never heard of a shop vac??

Maybe you can call Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs" and he'll come over and do it!

Back