Ecotech or Kessil for 7' x 3' tank

you're going to get 2 of the 3ft version or 4 24"? i don't think the 5ft version is going to cover that tank.

Well I have a par meter and 6 360WE Kessils over a 6' L x 25" W x 31" Tall and all 100% SPS. I do have an ATI to supplement my kessils. My par readings are from 1000 at the surface down to 400 on the bottom. In a tank 2 feet deep and 3 feet wide I would run 4 down the middle with supplemental T5's in the front and the back. Need the T5's with the kessil IMO and IME. That would give you somewhere in the 400 range on the sandbed, with crystal clear water that is.

Do not listen to this guy.

As he stated he has no Coral.

Also, the manufactures claim that they a single light is only good for 24 X 24 X 24

And we all know that manufacturers are going to lie a bit to sell more product.

Everyone that has SPS dominate tanks use more than that recommendation too.

So 6 to 8 Lights may only be good for Softies and LPS.

Buddy

My 220 gallon reef lit with 3 kessils. Softies, LPS, and SPS.

After 1 year

After 6 months

That being said. Because your tank is 3 feet front to back... AND full SPS. You will need 8. If you do medium-low light corals, you may get away with 3-4 and hang
Em higher for spread, with corals placed high in tank. However, full SPS is a whole new ball game. Best bang for your buck to light a tank that size for SPS, prolly 1 or 2 ATI SUNPOWER fixtures.

Last edited:
Back