Eel lovers please help me

dYno

Hello everyone, I bought a baby Tessalata eel a few days ago. He will not eat Krill, what Food will work? How long can he go without feeding? Do they get used to a time to eat and only eat then? I am perplexed, have kept an adult for years and never had these problems, he would eat anything.

I've seen him open his mouth, swim in slight busts and rub himself a few times. It, looks like he has a problem with his mouth....I wish I could be more descriptive. No signs of ick/velvet on him or other fish. Maybe I need to treat him with prazipro?

Yesterday, he looked like he was close to dead all curled up under the hiding spot and his head was by his tail. He was sideways and I though he gone soon. Today I woke up and he's normal again. Thank god! I have never had so much trouble feeding an "œaggressive" animal, any advice?

Thank you.

It wouldn't surprise me if it took several days for it to become comfortable in a new system. Offer it a variety of foods. The Kroger seafood counter was my go-to place when I had my Gymnothorax Undulatus. I would get some of whatever they have and go from there. I would normally feed him once a week - 2 or 3 hand sized fillets, but his longest hunger strike lasted 6 months.

That looks to be a very new tank? What size is it? You will need to provide a couple caves/tunnels for it to make home. Once it settles in I'm sure it will be just fine.

It wouldn't surprise me if it took several days for it to become comfortable in a new system. Offer it a variety of foods. The Kroger seafood counter was my go-to place when I had my Gymnothorax Undulatus. I would get some of whatever they have and go from there. I would normally feed him once a week - 2 or 3 hand sized fillets, but his longest hunger strike lasted 6 months.

That looks to be a very new tank? What size is it? You will need to provide a couple caves/tunnels for it to make home. Once it settles in I'm sure it will be just fine.

He's in my 100 gallon tank. Will be going into my 500 when bigger. This is just a qt setup. Thank you, do you think he could have flukes? He flashes his mouth as if he's trying to regurgitate.

That's my 100 gallon "œDisplay Quarantine." New fish start out in garage. This is the middle treatment. Copper/Prazipro. Thank you

Back