effluent cup ideas

snake1

Premium Member
I just found this in my garage from when I painted my house last year its still new and maybe I believe it was only 2 to 3 dollars new ....I'm about to setup a calcium reactor and noticed it was going to be a pain to take out the pH probe every month from the reactor to calibrate so I had seen on melevs reef he used to use a solo cup and now has a acrylic effluent cup where his pH probe stays. ..I was thinking of drilling some holes up on the high side of this so the water would run out and hold at least 4" of reactor water so the pH probe would stay wet ...I will of course remove the magnent and the stickers and wash it out but wanted to know if this would work?..let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_20150105_183005.jpg
    IMG_20150105_183005.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20150105_182950.jpg
    IMG_20150105_182950.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
Good Ideal..Dont know if it will work or not, Maybe Roger can chime in..But cant find the one that Melevs did....

Find something smaller. I have done this before it does work. The longer the effluent is in contact with air the ph will rise so your reading won't be as accurate. Other then that it will work. I'm not sure why it is so hard to remove the probe though? I lube the probe holder so the probe is easy to remove.

Roger

It seems to be a pain by shutting everything off just to remove it so the reactor doesn't overflow while the probe is being calibrated...I haven't set it up yet but that's my thinking of what will happen....

It's just unplug feed pump or turn off ball valve on manifold to stop feed to reactor. Then turn off solenoid to co2 tank that's it. Then remove prob and calibrate. U can do it every 6 weeks is fine. Quicker and easier then making 2 part.

Back