Emergency power outage question.....

I just bought the battery backup for my MP10 from EcoTech. With this crazy weather going on I think everyone should invest in a backup battery for their tank.

Didn't answer question sorry :p

I would say yes if it's not been used in a boat bilge or been thoroughly cleaned. Gas oil and various crud collects in my bilge. But if new or cleaned very well I would say why not? Maybe heat generated by it? That'd be my only concern. Stay safe.

I just bought the battery backup for my MP10 from EcoTech. With this crazy weather going on I think everyone should invest in a backup battery for their tank.

Didn't answer question sorry :p

I finally broke down and bought a generator.

I would be careful with that, Some pumps are not "sealed" or made for use with aquariums and can leach oils and bad stuff into the water.

Im sure someone on here could explain oil sealed vs oil free vs?? in general use pumps, but that person is not me, I just know there are types of general use submersible pumps that are a big no no in aquariums and ponds.

Also, assuming you were going to run this off a deep cycle marine battery? ever considered using an inverter?

Back