Equipment help-WTB!

and1varsity23

yeah im a newbie and ive done some research but i still need help from the experts. what is a good protein skimmer that i can buy to run a 75 gallon, that is not going to hurt my pocket to bad? what about pumps, and powerheads? if i can buy it used that would be great too! i am looking for everything basically because all i have is the tank. thanks

If you want a sump, let me know the dimensions you're looking for, I've been building a few of them as of lately and can let you know how much it would cost... Or you can just get a glass tank and silicone in some baffles. :)

plans

plans

i really dont know yet i just want to get the equipment first. probably just some soft corals, inverts and a few fish whatever will good under vho's.

VHOs will be fine for softies. Are you planning to have a sump? As far as flow goes, maybe a pair of Seio 820s or 1100s would do unless you plan on having a closed loop. The ASM skimmer that Eric pointed out is a good one but you need a sump to put it in. Not sure if you are going sumpless or not.

since you are starting from scratch, research closed loop systems. That might be the way for you to go.

Back