Error on tank order hole size - bean animal question

tenpercenter

Premium Member
Little miscommunication on my tank order. Holes for external overflow will fit a 1.25" bulkhead rather than 1.5" bulkhead. I've already plumbed the system, to the basement, with (3) 1.5" drains.

Curious if anyone sees an issue with using a 1.25" to 1.5" pvc adapter just below the bulkheads so I don't have the replumb the entire drain system. This transition would occur above the gate valve used for fine tuning the system.

Thoughts?

I've read the bean animal thread (it took DAYS) and understand that in the initial design he went from 1.5" down pipe to 1" bulkheads. This would be the opposite of that water gets past the bulkhead in the overflow box.

I honestly dont see a problem as you can control the flow and the drain with the valves on the bean animal overflow

This is just my opinion

Thank you both. Wasn't sure what that transition would do to keeping a steady siphon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The absolute max flow will be reduced to the 1.25" siphon size, but with the larger pipe you will get closer to that theoretical value because the pipe walls will rob less flow. With it going down a floor that is a ton of flow (5000-6000 gph). But i doubt you are aiming for those figures so it doesn't matter one bit that the rest is bigger, in fact it probably will make it more quiet overall.

The absolute max flow will be reduced to the 1.25" siphon size, but with the larger pipe you will get closer to that theoretical value because the pipe walls will rob less flow. With it going down a floor that is a ton of flow (5000-6000 gph). But i doubt you are aiming for those figures so it doesn't matter one bit that the rest is bigger, in fact it probably will make it more quiet overall.

Great news, thank you!

Back