Eshopps overflow issue help

aquapod24

Well it's almost three in the morning and I just finished cleaning up around thirty gallons of water off my carpet and that is not easy. Noticed my eshopps over flow box was dripping so I stopped the water from going down not pulling the return house out. While working on disconnecting the overflow I notice my water level dropping needless to say I go around and see water all over my carpet. I get to my overflow box eventually and finally get it off. I tighten the caps on the bottom and CRACK! I broke it. I have everything unplugged due to water getting everywhere go to the garage pull out an overflow box meant for a 75 gallon tank. The tank I have is 150 gallons. Su everything up plug everything back in touch the water and BAM! Shocked me! Wet carpet hours resting everything up, get shocked, freaking out hoping my fish are okay since I have an Achilles tang, blue face angel, large sailfin + 15 others. Finally find its a power head pull it out and everything is okay. Needless to say horrible night but the fish all seem fine. Now does anyone know where to get the black fitting that you bolt onto the overflow? That is what broke or do I have to purchase a new set up?

Do you mean the bulkhead? They are replaceable. You just have to a new bulkhead. If you put a small hole in your return line just below the surface it will stop the return from flooding back into you sump. It is a syphon break.

Yeah it was the bulkhead I got it replaced made the same mistake again so frustrating so good idea I will make that hole

leaks happen. At a local hardware store you get a GFCI outlet and plug your power strips into that .. honestly can be a life saver when your talking power + salt water.

Back