ETSS Skimmer Club!

thanks for the help, Folks. I ended up finding it at my local acrylic fabricator (who'd have thought)hahaha.

I got the #3 4oz and #16 5oz for $12. Not too bad.

I ended up gluing the tower and the flange with #16. I couldn't get the #3 to stay put 'cause it was watery. I hope the #16 is strong enough or I might be doing it all over again.

Tomorrow I'll glue the flange to both of the towers and let it sit another day.

The acrylic guy said to wait at least 24hours before putting any type of pressure on it. I honestly will be surprised if this thing holds as well as a new one. I'm going to be screwing a heavy water injector (etss owners know the part) with a spa hose attached to an Iwaki down below. Lots of pressure there. We will see.

Well, I waited about 23 hours, but had to water test it. The braces are on, the O ring seats are sanded and it's water tight. Yes! The level is so high in the foam riser because I didn't have any bioballs in there. I'm soaking them in vinegar and washing them with a powerhead. Lots of calcium deposits.

Anybody know where to get the ETSS 1.5" bioballs new at a good price? I need about 200 of them.

Thanks for the help!!!
Sales008.jpg

I'm glad you got it working, looks good. Keep an eye on the seams though. You'll have to update us on how it is working once you've set it up on your tank.

Any 1.5" bioballs will work, but you can order directly from them. www.superskimmer.com

thanks. I'll go there and get some.

I'm glad you got it working, looks good. Keep an eye on the seams though. You'll have to update us on how it is working once you've set it up on your tank.

JJk,I am nervous and am watching the seams closely. It's up and running, but the foam has large bubbles that keep popping. I'm thinking I'm in the break in stage that could take up to a week. Not much to skim in there 'cause of the two 800's I was running although I have valonia so I guess there's more than I need.

I'll take a picture when I can see some production. Otherwise it's just foam at the bottom of the mixing box. I did have to put a gate valve on the vent pipe to keep the foam from going into the second riser. That Iwaki is a beast.

Skimmerfoamandpackingpics010.jpg

We have liftoff. The foam is pretty wet, but I'm still dialing it in. Both the 1400 and the 800 are pulling crap so I must have one dirty tank.

I just bought a sumpbuddy 40 and I am trying to get it dialed in. I have a mag 9.5 on a ball valve pushing it. I have ran it for several days straight and it just isnt pulling anything out and then it will spike and just over flow for no reason. Can anyone help?

Here is a video of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TScF9OUdA

I just bought a sumpbuddy 40 and I am trying to get it dialed in. I have a mag 9.5 on a ball valve pushing it. I have ran it for several days straight and it just isnt pulling anything out and then it will spike and just over flow for no reason. Can anyone help?

Here is a video of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TScF9OUdA

you need to lower the water level in the skimmer.valve back on the pump a bit until it forms a dry foam head and leave it for a day.then a slight adjustment on the pump to push the foam head over the top of the cup.its easier starting with the pump throttled back and then giving it a little more if needed. other wise you will end up draining the tank a few times til you get it dialed in :lol:

yea that looks better,it will start working soon,seems like you possibly got some oils in the water from your hands or the equiptment and these skimmers are sensitive to this.dont feed and keep your hands out of the water and it willl start forming a stable head

Looking to sell my ETSS 800 with a mag 12 pump - Needing something smaller to fit in the setup in my new place. Comes with both of the add on's (input filter and output container/filter)

PM me if you're interested.

Back