ever biten by a trigger?

My male CrossHatch bit me really good a few months back.. He died a week later... I guess I infected him!! ;)

My new 8 Inch male doesn't bite at all.. The female also doesn't bit....

Bitten (and squirted upon many times) by a particularly ornery but beautiful clown trigger I maintained several years ago. No damage. More recently, bitten a few times by my male Crosshatch. This usually happens when I'm feeding and move the hand holding the cup a little too low. Once, however, he literally cleared the water and nipped my hand causing me to jerk the cup back and shower everything around me in Mysis, Formula Two, Prime Reef, siversides, and saltwater. He, in the meantime, actually bounced off my tank brace and back into the tank. No harm done, if you don't count his not getting breakfast that morning and my finding out I could scream like a cheerleader.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15536593#post15536593 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 64Ivy
No harm done, if you don't count his not getting breakfast that morning and my finding out I could scream like a cheerleader.

HAHA..thats great, ive done that!! :p I have never been attacked by a trigger but there was this nice sized 4-5' moray at the store and I used to clean the tank and he would always think I had food. It made for an adrenaline rush everytime I had to scrape the glass.

Funny thing happened to me since this thread started. Wednesday this happened....

photo-1868.jpg

Because of this guy.....

photo-154.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15500497#post15500497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FishyMel
I've gotten bitten by a couple of my triggers, but they've never drawn blood. A foot long midas cichlid though left a good sized scar on my right arm. They are meaner than triggers, but freshwater.

Yeah those guys are brutal, I gave one to my parents when I moved to Florida and every time they tried to clean the tank it attacked. Only drew blood once but Mom didn't stick her hand in the tank after that!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15538544#post15538544 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DamnPepShrimp
Funny thing happened to me since this thread started. Wednesday this happened....

That's not a trigger. Start your own thread :D

I'd make sure you watch that carefully. Eels are known to have some pretty nasty bacteria with their bites.

I did start a thread about it, but just going to show, triggers aren't the only animal we keep that will bite the hand that feeds it! I know about the bacteria and potential infection, I've been keeping it clean and all 9... 10 of my fingers crossed :D

Back