EvolutionZ's Floating Reef

I missed the previous update. Things looking fantastic. 4 KH ! :)

Are you still running 4 bulbs except for the burst of 2 hours when all 6 are on?

thanks! right now im running 8 hours on full 6 bulbs!

just saw your thread, wow you have some amazing colors and colonies in there.

i am amazed that your alk dropped all the way to 4 and stayed at 4 for a month and all your corals didnt die. if mine drops below 7 i seem to have a big swing in my corals if it is there for any longer then a day.

anyways your tank is amazing, youre good at taking pictures too! I am going for a similar floating reef in my new setup, can only hope i get somewhat similar growth except i started with real small frags so i have a little while to go. the PE looks great on all your pieces, great job!

im amazed too! i believe so long pH are stable, kH dosn't really matter to me. just 2 weeks ago i kinda messed up the dosing pump and my kH went up to 10, took a week to drop it back down to 7. theres totally change in my SPS at all.

Just noticed the video. Awesome!
What did you use shoot it?
Such a nice tank.

Thanks! the video was filmed using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

BTW, this scape will be taken down in the following months as im soaking a new batch of rocks. i know it sounds crazy but this scape comes with alot of limitation.. i cannot keep much LPS/Zoas due to the scape and TBH, im kinda bored of it after 2 years! im planning a new scape but it will still be heavily SPS-tank.

BTW, this scape will be taken down in the following months as im soaking a new batch of rocks. i know it sounds crazy but this scape comes with alot of limitation.. i cannot keep much LPS/Zoas due to the scape and TBH, im kinda bored of it after 2 years! im planning a new scape but it will still be heavily SPS-tank.

I'm happy to follow along with the new scape! Thanks for the answer above.

I loved the overhang, but this looks great, too. I really like the channel down the middle in the new scape. It looks similar to the aquascape I am planning for my upcoming tank. I love the depth provided by a grove in between two islands.

Man if you let it grow out for another year the tank will be top knotch. I can't believe your switching! And for other corals??? Bah! ;)

I loved the overhang, but this looks great, too. I really like the channel down the middle in the new scape. It looks similar to the aquascape I am planning for my upcoming tank. I love the depth provided by a grove in between two islands.

thanks! i loved that too! but i must say if the existing floating scape is made for a larger tank ( say 4x2' base) i would probably leave it and not do a rescape. thanks on your input! i should be settled for this scape provided i can place the rocks back at the same position.:lmao:

Man if you let it grow out for another year the tank will be top knotch. I can't believe your switching! And for other corals??? Bah! ;)

i would! but there's too many limitation! forgot to mention because of the flow required and the small tank size, most fishes either hang out infront of the scape (2-3" of space) or below the rock scape, other than fishes that love fast flow (my PBT only actually) dare to swim in between the SPS , this scape provides almost no breaking of flow. while its a really nice scape that i built, but i guess i didn't really think it through.:rollface:

Back