Excited about my RODI, PSI and The TDS from my home.

TURKLET0N

I just set up my RODI unit. I took out the DI filter and started running water through it and my incoming water from my house is reading at 002 on the TDS meter and I'm getting over 70 PSI. I am super excited since my filters should last longer and I don't have to buy a PSI booster.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
Check the placement of the tds meter probes...

I think your RO water is reading 2 ppm - no possible way your tap water (feedwater) is 2 ppm.

And you're right, if your RO water reads 2 ppm, you'll enjoy a long lifespan on your DI resin.

Russ

Russ gives great advice and actually contributes to the community on here. I'd look at what he sells for future filter needs.

For what it's worth, I always flush each filter before running the system and contaminating the next filter in line. You probably noticed that your water was grey when you ran the system. Well residue from the sediment filter from the manufacturing process went to the carbon block and carbon fines went to the membrane and so forth.

It's not the end of the world and maybe you did flush them, but it will reduce the life expectancy of the filters including the membrane if not flushed with every filter replacement.

The easiest way to cure this is to put bypass T's and valves after each filter to flush new filters. If you don't want to do that then flush one filter at a time through the whole system while bypassing the membrane.

Russ, if I missed anything let me know. Perhaps you could explain the benefits of a membrane flush kit. It was something I wanted to add, but broke my system down before doing it.

Cuzz - just to clarify - you're talking about the rinse-up process when you first load NEW filters.

In most cases the sediment filter does not need to be rinsed, so you can start the process with the sediment filter and the first carbon filter installed.

Good post!

Russ

Back