external pump plumbing help

yacn

Looking for some options please and what has worked for you.

I have sump in basement with 2" bulkhead I installed that is approximately the same height as the intake of my return pump. I plumbed with approximately 10" of hard 2" pvc connecting to external pump.....includes ball valve in middle. My pump has union fitting so I can unscrew pvc from intake.

I have 2" hard pvc plumbing going from discharge of pump up to 1st floor where my DT is.

I think I am getting a lot of torque on the plumbing because it is all hard piped. I struggle with pvc to get it to connect to pump as it doesn't match up perfectly. I get leaks at the bulkheads of my megaflows under my DT and also the shaft seal on my pump leaks...even after installing a new shaft seal. I really think this is due to the torque of my plumbing being so tight. I wanted to install something to offer some forgiveness.

Recently I tried installing flexible PVC (spa flex). Problem is it isn't very flexible at all....at least not in short pieces it's not. The piece I bought was curved since it is kept in a big roll and keeps the memory of that roll. After repeatedly trying to install a piece of spa flex I gave up and put back my old plumbing.

Are they more flexible options that I can glue permanent? I believe vinyl tubing would work. But I am concerned with potential leaks with this product since it requires hose clamps instead of glueing, plus I wonder if the vinyl tubing might be sucked closed due to pump pressure, etc. I have 15 feet of head pressure and pumping around 900-1200 GPH at that head pressure.

Attachments

• spa flex.jpeg
    spa flex.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 0
bump anyone....anyone

I'm thinking of bulkhead hard glued to spigot/barb adapter....then reinforced vinyl tubing to ball valve using stainless steel hose clamps... hoping a spigot/barb can be hard glued to input side of ball valve.....then was going to hard piped from discharge end of ball valve to input of pump.

Trying to use the least amount of vinyl tubing yet provide some play/give in plumbing

any thoughts....input on how you hooked up your pumps?

Have an old US Plastics catalog, they have a few.
Urebrade reinforced polyurethane tubing -
Rollerflex PVC food & beverage hose -
Excelon RNT clear flexible PVC tubing -
Rollerflex Series 1000 & 9000 hose &
Reinforced clear PVC tubing polyester braid

Back