fathead anthias (Serranocirrhitus latus) in a 75gl?

acoff87

i have a 75gl and was thinking about adding a fathead anthias (Serranocirrhitus latus). but wasnt sure about tank size. only inhabitants are a royal ganma, yellow watchman, and target dragonet. any thoughts?

I think you're good. I love the Fathead (aka Sunburst) Anthias. It is so different than its bretheren and does well as an individual. Great fish and very hardy. If you light the tank well, it is one of the most strikingly beautiful fish available IMHO.

They are not open water swimmers and love a lot of rock. They seem to keep to themselves and establish a burrow or area that they own. Kind of like the Royal Gramma in attitude and temperment. Not sure if they will fight though.

My 5 FH's have always been in big tanks, but teemee is right in that if you have a male larger than 1.5" he will bully others (my male is 2.5" thereabouts and he always pushes my Dispar school around). That said, I'm worried that you'll be setting up a battle between the RG in a tank that size; especially if your live rock is on the thin side. They are great fish and tough to boot. Enjoy if you decide to get one.

Back