February Meeting

Sloeber

For February CIMA will gather around the tank of David Lee. David lives in Philo (just 10 minutes from Champaign) and many of you already know of David as the guy that built his own 900g reef start to finish. Starting at noon on February 25th you will have the opportunity to see the aquarium for yourself. Anyone wanting to attend should send an e-mail ( cima@insightbb.com )to reserve your spot (even if you already know how to get to his house). Directions will be sent in reply a week before the meeting.

somebody should tell david that a brown belt doesn't go with black shoes.

especially with a black shirt.

:D

oh, snap!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6649909#post6649909 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Benny Z
somebody should tell david that a brown belt doesn't go with black shoes.

i love my brown/black reversable belt :)

Anyone is welcome to bring frags for trade / sale. I plan to setup a 29G tank to keep frags warm while their here. Also if anyone need a little salt water I can provide that as well. I have not decided if Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m going to sell any frags or not. I really want to have the tank look nice for the meeting and it its anything like last year I was so busy talking to people I would not have time to frag. On the flip side really do want to do some massive fragging.
Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ve thought about fragging a bunch the day before and putting them in a 10G tank with prices marked on it. I would be willing to trade for some LPS or a few SPS. Maybe I can get some feedback. Is everyone wanting frags? Most of the time I sell frags for $5 to $10 which is about what I get at the LFS when I trade them in. For the party I will be willing to say any frag for $5 unless you have some nice LPS or SPS.

As a side note if this meeting is anything like last year some people may want to show up late. I have a very small house.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6699674#post6699674 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by David MC Lee

Also if anyone need a little salt water I can provide that as well.

All together now...

WELL, DUH!

I have not decided if Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m going to sell any frags or not. I really want to have the tank look nice for the meeting

?maybe leave tank as is for meeting, then frag toward the end?
I'd like to get the full effect.
You could do a tcottle before/after.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6699674#post6699674 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by David MC Lee

I have a very small house.

No, you have an almost average size house
WITH A HUGE FRIGGIN REEF TANK IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!

:spin1:

First off, lmao! @ lglamb.

Second, I would be interested in some frags, Im looking for some new sps. I doubt I have anything you would want for a trade, but your prices sound good. All I have right now are an orange monti cap and a purple tip montipora digitata. Both grow quick and I like them.

You could always stick your hands in the tank during the meeting and "knock" a few frags off like last year.

Of your entire property and part of the road too!

You need to recalculate and include the fishroom behind the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6705030#post6705030 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by David MC Lee
Now my tank only take up 3.6% of the total sq feet.

well crud, I was all gung ho and ready do go, I was wondering the same thing, then I realized that this week isnt going to be the 25th. Man, I was ready to go...

Oh wait, you mean the meeting's not this week?

Let's just pretend this conversation never took place.

:)

Back