Feeding Acans

What do you guys feed your acans with? How do you guys "initial" feed them and how do you guys keep the fish/ inverterbrates away from the acans?

I feed at night when the feeder tentacles r out. The fish are sleeping so no competition. Also I feed large meet pellet foods.

I have a bunch of Acans that are doing great. I've never fed them direct, only reef chilli poured into the tank. They grow like crazy.

When I had my 180 with a large number of acans I would actually spot feed mine mysis shrimp with a turkey baster.

They loved it and saw a lot of grown after I started doing that.

I have a bunch of Acans that are doing great. I've never fed them direct, only reef chilli poured into the tank. They grow like crazy.

They dont require feeding but it can help. I dont go overboard. 1 time per week is plenty. The reef chilli is feeding them though.

Thanks for the infos.
Roger, what brand of the pellets are you feeding the acans?

I am using 3mm pellets lg fish formula nothing special. There r many better products but this is what i had already.
When I had my 180 with a large number of acans I would actually spot feed mine mysis shrimp with a turkey baster.

They loved it and saw a lot of grown after I started doing that.

Yes u just endup with alot of extra nutriants in the water this way. But the corals will love it for sure

Is it better to feed them with pellets or frozen foods?

I'd say pellets over frozen. As Roger pointed out a lot of extra nutriants in the water with frozen food.

I used to use pellets when I first got them, but it became a pain to target feed them. Since moved on to just feeding the whole tank Reef Chili a few times per week.

Back