Figured I would show some pics of my tank for everyone!

oct2274

My roomate has a DSLR camera that i'm learning to use. Last night and today were the first times I've used it. All shots were on manual mode, but I have a long ways to go! He doesn't have a macro lens so I did the best I could on the close shots :)

Tank from the front
resized1280007.jpg

Lefthand side of tank - you can see Scooby the wonder jawfish on the lower left :)
resized1280004.jpg

Center of tank
resized1280005.jpg

Righthand side of tank
resized1280006.jpg

Closeup of Scooby!
lightroom1_filtered.jpg

Frogspawn under T5 actinics = UV SuperActinic and ATI blueplus - they glow better in real life, didn't try to tweak
IMG_5283_filtered.jpg

Plumbing and Fuge....
IMG_5287_filtered.jpg

Tank has only been up two months since I tore it down and put sand in it = used to be bare bottom

Had tank up total time since last June.

Thanks everyone :) I'll keep working on my photo skills. The the pics are kinda washed out of the tank. Alot of the rocks are dark purple coraline. Probably should have tuned them up a bit with photoshop. I have two fish in quarantine with ich. So hopefully I can get them into the main tank in a month or two. They are getting hypo'd. THANK GOD FOR QUARANTINE!

Where did that fuge come from? I'm working on a 90 gallon and would love to have a fuge like that.

I got it at About the Reef. Not sure they still have them since Scott isn't doing the acrylic work anymore.

Gotta love Scotts Floating Fuge design!

Your aquascaping is really nice Tank looks Excellent!
What Bulbs are you running on the basking lamps?

The lamps in the fuge run bulbs you can get at walmart of all places! They are 6500k spiral compact fluorescent. They are super cheap and work like a champ! They come in a pack of two. Just make sure you get the ones that say they are 6500k.

Last edited:
Thanks thats what I am running as well. I have mine further away from the water since I am trying to light my mangroves and macro. Wounder if you get better growth with the light closer to the water?

Back