Fiji leather touching other softies ok?

hobbzz

How do I change this?
I picked up a nice frag of a yellow fiji leather last week. After a couple of hours it opened up really nice, and stayed that way for a couple of days. But it's been closed up all day today. It's been next to a green nepthea or sinularia (can't remember which) the entire time, without touching when they are their normal size. But there is the possibilty that they could have opened more than normal and been touching off and on for the entire week. Tank params are fine, and it's getting enough light and flow. There are currently no brown/dead spots so I'm not thinking bacterial infection. Nothing in the tank has changed in the last week either. Would it be bad if they were touching? Any other ideas?

My fiji periodically goes on "strike" and looks bad for a day or so, then comes back as if nothing happened. Could be nothing. That said, I would move your other corals away from it - I don't think leathers like being touched by you or anything else.

I've already moved it just to be on the safe side. I'll see what it looks like when I get home from work tonight. I've always wanted one of these, but never found one for a decent price until now.

My yellow sarco got burned by a Sinularia flexibilis that was too close. I moved it a few inches away and it was fine.

I can't see any burn marks or injuries. I'm getting some lugols tomorrow or thursday, so I'll do a dip when that gets in.

leathers periodically "shed" so i wouldn't worry if it is closed for a day or two, as long as it hasn't drooped all the way over, and it is still firm.

It started opening yesterday, and I finally got a hold of some lugols. So I did a 15 minute dip in case it was a bacterial infection, because it was getting some brown on it. We'll see what it's like when I get home tonight.

Back