Firmware update and missing temp pro issue

ClownNut

ok, finally have time to monkey around with my apex since i got the biggest frag i can ever made. Lucas. my boy. :)

Issue number 1
4 week ago, i update the firmware to the latest. a week later i test my water, my alk went from 7.5>11. so i double check my programming, must be the firmware update did something to it, it change from pump setting to light setting. so it dose addition alk, ca and mg to the system. all the dosing outlet were change. all 8 of them(the main and frag system)
anyone have issue with that?

Issue number 2
i have the apex run my frag as well, that system have PM1, PM2, WXM and 2 EB8. but from time to time, i will lose temp probe on PM2. i even switch the temp probe between the PM1 and PM2. still every few days i will lose temp probe reading from PM2. if you unplug the probe plug it back in it will fix the issue, no problem with the salinity read.

thanks

I had an issue with firmware corruption a long time ago (when updating from 4.2 to 4.3). This resulted in me losing the programming on some outlets. I spoke with support and they advised me to factory reset and reprogram. Apparently with this major update they had encountered a select few number of instances where this occurred.

As for your second issue if the probe disappears and does not return without manual intervention, I would ensure the contacts are clean on both the RJ-11 connector on the probe and also the jack on the PM2. Using a Q-tip and some vinegar carefully wipe all of the pins on both. The jack has pins inside as well that you can see from the front.

Hope this helps.

Back