first question out of the blue

dangeroo

hi eveyone! congrats on the new club, i will be looking to join soon! ok, to the point........I'm upgrading my 10g to a 65g. Currently the only fish in the 10 is a false perc who will be moving over to the 65. Any suggestions on quantity, types of fish for the 65? I will not be skimming (softie tank) and prefer to keep a relatively small bioload and a peaceful community.

thanks,
Dan!

why not skim? there will be plenty of organics given off by softies in the form of slime etc. A skimmer can help with that...

for a 65, and a ocellaris as the first fish, you can go for gobies,blennies, maybe a royal gramma a fairy wrasse maybe...lots of choices.. it may be easier for us to tell you what not to put in if you can provide us with a list of what you would like to put it....(make sense!:) )

what will the lighting be like in this tank?
I just sent you a pm about membership.....TY!

I think skimmer will help later on keeping the water clean therefore less algae problems down the road.

Avoid tangs. I really love them but they are poop machine and need space. Gobies would really be cool and some schooling chromis.

Dwarf angels are great for a softie tank of that size. I also agree with Jiggs and Matt, you should definitely invest in a skimmer. Will save you a lot of headaches down the road. I have learned trying to cut corners in this hobby will lead to more work overall. Look in the FS forum here on RC, you can find some real deals over there.

thanks everybody! i guess maybe i should budget in a skimmer! as far as lighting, i was thinking 4 39 w ready fit t-5 from reefgeek. as far as fish, i definately would like to put in at least 1 wrasse, perhaps bangaii cardinal (sell yours yet rich? maybe green chromis and was also maybe thinking a hawk fish? who knows?

minibowmatt, if you could be so kind as to send me a pm about membership, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Back