(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10573223#post10573223 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 46bfinGA
How would that affect your drains to your sump and the amount of flow to your CL? Im not sure how that is feasable?Im interested in this because Im about to drill the holes for my closed loop on my 500.Using a Dart and an OM4way of course.

Also how do you guys feel about using one 2" drain VS. two for a closed loop? Do I really need the second one for redundancy?

not catching what you mean for CL? intake ?

why not have redundancy drains for each overflow box, one higher then the others instead of one 2" have 2 1.5" that way if one fail, you can still sleep better at night. now if both fails you will have a problem :D

thanks Doc, yeah you don't get out much. 23 yrs, but what did you do all that time 22 yrs 11 months :lol: IMO maybe the main reason probably is the salt i used. 460Ca, 1.026SG, 9.6alk, 1360mag and 8.4PH at 76deg water temp same results every time i mixed the batch without any buffer and the only element i have is baking soda and the box hasn't been opened yet.

sorry to hear that your issues is getting out of hand. maybe try the yellow pages for a shrink random pick of course, if no one answer then PM me and i will try my best to consult any further issues you're dealing with :lol: .

well you cant say i have minimal problems, lost some fishes due to ich and my prize fishes too. running 3600G phosban will keep checking to see when exhausted, carbon bi-weekly and weekly water change for the first 6 months, so that all my water parameters will be stable then i will gradually set up my continuous water change about 10gal daily. does this sound about right? if this doesn't work out, i will be giving up this hobby then going back to the basic Bowling :lmao:

starting off with such a small display, should have turn my entire garage into an ocean, removed the roof top and go scuba diving everyday :lolspin: oh don't forget the sump and fuge, entire backyard.... maybe i will try this next time.

coming soon IIRC
2nd REEF TANK EVER ***THE GULF OF BUI*** 150,000gal system

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10516316#post10516316 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cbui2
no problem, monthly electric bills is less then $350, water for month $40

no kidding, only $350US monthly? I just paid almot $600CAD for last month and a half and i have nothing like your system.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10507799#post10507799 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cbui2
sorry but i don't understand too :D here's some modify pics. hope this helps and remember don't stared at it too long :lol: to solve microbubbles problem i will be adding baffles in the sump, this will be done next week when vacation is over :D

8-8.jpg

8-8a.jpg

8-8b.jpg

4-24.jpg

4-15.jpg

Bro, are you some kind of plumber freak? OMG, look like home depot plumbing section. :D . But look very nice tho...

You better not ask the wife to shutdown the valve for you cuz she is going to slap you silly by the time you get home. I only have 3 ball valve in my system and i have to use 3 different colors.

most of them are labeled as I explain to my wife occasionally how the system functions and operates? and she reply what is this round thing, orange handle, and that huge cylinder plastic :D there are so much plumbing that I cant even remember what I did and where they go :lol: .

Jonathan - yes i'm still special :cool:

20 20 - please forward my thread to nasa :p

ZOAKEEPER - the superintendent for subdivision already stop by and told me you did more plumbing then my contractors on site :D

lavith - hopefully the prices stays that way

REEFER714 - i had wipe out home depot and lowe's during my build :lol:

Bart I think you wiped out the plumbing suppliers to your towns home depots for a little.

Can you give us a little tease of some new pics of your reworked sump filters etc. Maybe some new shoots of your display. The suspense is killing me. I was so addicted to this thread with the pics now I am acting like I am having withdrawls. ahhaahahahhha

Wow, I had no clue something like this was going on in the city I live in. Awesome job. Give us some updates.

It has been full for some time now. He was working on some top secret stuff.

Everyone needs a break now and then. He did a great deal of work in a short time. Hopefully he will give us an update soon.

I lost track of this thread back before the split nad caught back up since the split. Did you ever add the group of anthias Bart ? I ask because we are considering adding 10 bartletts to our little 380g reef :)

Back