first tank 2 months old

everl0ng

here is my first SW tank. about 2 1/2 months into it, and yes there is a HIGE brown algae problem...and starting to get the hair algae as well. i am waiting on my overflow which should be here in the next few days from a fellow reefer, so then i will be able to hook up my sump which contains my skimmer, hob fuge and thermometer. no more ugly equipment in the display! anyhow...here is the tank. nothing much to look at as of right now, but i hope to get rid of the algae soon and have a nice healthy looking tank!

Picture008.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture007.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture006.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture005.jpg
[/IMG]

:mad2: algae infuriates me lol

Is just diatoms. Very common as the tanks goes through its break-in period. Patience is key here - it should go away on it's own. In the mean time, what kind of clean up crew are you employing?

all i have right now are an emerald crab and about 6 hitchhiker snails that i am not sure of what they are? any recommendations?

The tank looks great, and a diatom algae out break is a sign of the development of a healty tank.

Reduce your lights as well. Looks like you only have some clowns. You can keep your lights off except when you want to look at the tank. It will help a lot.

Regards,

Pat

actually, i have one clown, one 6-line wrasse, and one royal gramma. i am done as of sich, but i plan on getting some snails and hermits tomorrow. do i acclimate them using the drip system as i do my fish?

Back