Fish ID

ralph82396

What's up peeps,

I'm trying to ID the fish pictured below, My entire FOWLR tank is set up with fish I have harvested myself from the wild here in Miami and this guy is no different, He kind of looks like a lawnmower Blenny to me but his dorsal fins are not as Big, he's a voracious eater and very active but not aggressive towards other fish and the CUC, I'm thinking he is a molly miller but not sure. I would like to move him into my reef tank if he is a "reef safe" species especially because if he is indeed a molly miller I know they can eat Aiptasia. what worries me is if he eats aiptasia what else will he eat? my reef tank consists of Duncans, Zoas, Leather Toadstools, a kenya tree (came as a hitchiker but I like how it looks, just dont care for the constant culling of other kenya trees) a 20 inch LTA, hammers, frogspawns, torches, Acan, nd with plenty of room for more coral additions. I want to keep the tank as an LPS and softie tank so if the blenny is a threat he'll stay in the FOWLR but I was hoping he can take out some of the aiptasia. next question is since they do perch, is the nem a threat to him? the nem had previously eaten my $40 skunk cleaner SOOO I just want to be sure.

Thank you in advance for all the help šŸ˜¬
1685025890067-png.3168268

P.S. out off all the wild fish I've caught and all the reef fish I've purchased some how this booger colored fish has won the top spot in my heart and is my absolute favorite, he eats squid tentacles out of my hands and comes up to the glass and swims to the surface as soon as I walk in the room.

Back