Fish Only Question

egdevilboy

In Memoriam
Okay, im working on converting my reef tank to a Fish Only and was curious if it is possible to do an all angel tank?

I was planning on putting a Coral Beauty, Flame Angel, Bi Color, and a few others (maybe Gold, Rusty, etc...)

I understand that they can be quite territorial, but if all fish were bought at the same time and introduced into the tank together would they be alright together?

Yes they coud be fine together but you have to take into consideration the tank size. Angels can get fairly big and they need room to not only swim but to grow.

yea, well i was planning on stickin with dwarf angels which only grow from 3"-4"...

The only thing is there are some good lookin angels that do grow quite big, such as the regal and the imperator

If you convert a reef tank to a FO you would have to take out the live rock. Maybe you mean, you want to convert to a FOWLR. Anyway it is like Blown 346 has said, it would take a large tank to house that many dwarf angels together.

im thinkin about 5 fish at 3"-4" each (Coral Beauty, Flame, Bi Color, Rusty, and Gold all grow to about 3.5"), which would give each fish about 3 gal/ inch. Plus since im going to be putting a few pieces of base rock/coral for decoration and hiding places.

I sold all my LR yesturday. Im just waiting to sell some lighting (thing 4x96 is a bit much for F.O.) to get some money for the base rock/coral and fish.

The rule of thumb is to go by is ike you said 3 to 5 gallons of water per inch of fish, also you have to look at the dimensions of the tank. A taller tank is going to be harder to keep Angels in since they like to swim.

If you go by the inch rule, you will only be able to house 2 angels at a maximum 4 inches full grown. That is cutting it close for housing fish that like to swim. It may look like there is still alot of room, but there isnt.
Over crowding can lead to un needed stress, disease, fighting and even death.

yea, the dimensions of my tank are 36Lx24Hx12W...

I understand the concern and the last thing i want to do is cause stress to these fish.

Back