Fish Suggestion

BradMugs

I've got a 55 gal tank mostly for corals with a few fish. Problem is the fish I selected seem to like to stay either in the rocks or at one end of the tank.

I'm looking for a center piece fish that will stand out and be visable in the tank but not bother the corals.

I'd like to have a Flame Angle but I'm not sure about them and the corals.

Any other suggestions? Or suggestions on how to coral proof a Flame Angle?

From what I hear, Flame Angels are hit or miss. I used to have one, many years ago, with my corals, shrooms, zoos and clams with out a problem.

I personally like the Anthias, though I don't have any yet, but a small school of them would be pretty cool....

angels potter is my favorite, and you can never go wrong with jaw fish- esp the blue spotted jaw fish--super fun and intresting to watch/

Wow, thanks for the suggestions, now to figure out what these look like. I do have a 6-line wrasse and I have to admit it's my favorite fish but the way he darts in and out of the rock he's just not the show fish I'm looking for.

Hmm. My favorite drifting fish is probably too small to be very showy in that size tank. It's a pajama cardinal. It looks really unusual, like somebody spliced together several different colored fish, Frankenstein-style. Maybe a school of them would look good. They hide occasionally, but they spend most of their time hanging about mid-way up the water column, above most of the live rock. Of course, if you're stocking anything really big and predatory, they could end up as snacks.

anybody ever see a fire prawn goby? or red face goby--- i am considering both--- fire prawn looks really cool, and i hear the red face goby has a lot of personalty.

I have a flame angel and it is the perfect citizen in my tank. I may have gotten lucky though. Just wanted to throw in my experience.

Back