Fish tank room build

Matthias7

I am getting close to finishing my new fish room. I basically framed and insulated ~100 sq feet of my garage. I was fortunate that when I set up my 250 gallon deep dimension tank that the back wall of the was adjacent to the garage. The room will start off with a 75gallon sump and 2 40 gallon breeders. I have a few other tanks that will get plumbed into the system a little further down the road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
Here is a picture of the inside you can see the 40g breeders that I just drilled. Sump not yet in place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
Very cool! The room is plumbed into your display? The A/C, are you going to run a line for the water to drain? Nice work!

Ya all plumbed into the display. 1 of the 40 breeders will be a frag tank the other will be a display macro tank (maybe seahorse nursery). I use a liter miter for continuous water changes so I have the waste line running into a brute can outside the room that is on a 4 wheel dollie so it's clean and easy

Ya all plumbed into the display. 1 of the 40 breeders will be a frag tank the other will be a display macro tank (maybe seahorse nursery). I use a liter miter for continuous water changes so I have the waste line running into a brute can outside the room that is on a 4 wheel dollie so it's clean and easy

Cool Build, post some Display pics when you get a chance.

Here is another top down shot ( both of these grown from ~1/2 in frags over the last 6 months) the monti is about 6x6in now and picture above is a CITR red dragon acro that is roughly 4x4in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1
Will have some largish sized monti cap frags available very soon ( green type and orange type) also have intense pink bird nest and ponape green 1in frags multi branched

Will have some largish sized monti cap frags available very soon ( green type and orange type) also have intense pink bird nest and ponape green 1in frags multi branched

Sweet man, put me in line for some pink bird nest and green ponape & the 1" frags, thanks

I will post some new pictures tomorrow. The room is up and running. It is not connected to the display yet. Put sand in refugium today. The kessils are mounted over the frag tank. I am planning to supplement with t5's. I just need to locate some t5 reflectors.

Here is a shot of the tanks with water, just added sand so it's a little dirty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
Back