fish

I don't buy much livestock on-line but Liveaquaria.com (Dr Fosters and Smith) seem to get good reviews.

Prices are high but they also have an excellent guarantee. I have heard nothing but praise about the health of the livestock and the care in packaging. Just a suggestion. I'm sure you will find it cheaper somewhere else if the price is your primary concern. Sorry, you asked for a "good place", not a "cheap place".

Their stuff is healthy, is packed and handled well, good customer service, they only deal with reputable suppliers. They have some very rare fish for sale - you just need the email alerts so you can get them quick.

What are you looking for that they don't have at Live Aquaria? It might help someone point you to some other options. I've only ordered from their Divers Den section, and I've been very happy with the health and quality of their livestock as well as how everything was packed/shipped. I've also ordered from Vivid Aquariums and Reef Hot Spot. I won't be getting my first Reef Hot Spot order until Thursday so even though I've heard great things about them, I have no first hand experience yet.

BlueZooAquatics is supposed to be good too, but they shut down for a month recently, and I haven't heard anything about them since they reopened.

I buy all my fish at the LFS. While more expensive than online I feel it is worth it to see the exact fish I want. Also I am able to see if the fish is eating.

Back