Fixing a leaking Float switch

Rainer Feyer

Premium Member
I have a couple of DIY projects to post, not sure how relevant to anyone?

First, fixing a leaking Float - I took the float apart, sprayed in some liquid window/ door insulation, waited 'til it hardened, then cut and glued together. Now, even if it leaks, the water can't accumulate inside :)

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Here is another - ATO

Here is another - ATO

Here is an ATO system I made - modified from many very well thought systems out there on the DIY forum.

The 5g container contains 1/2 # of Kalk. The pump on the side activates twice during the day to stir up the Kalk. A separate RO/DI container feeds the 5G Reactor continuously - this displaces and CO2 and therefor no ill wanted reaction of the calcium. Finally, a peristaltic pump is not only on a timer (going off 3 separate tiems during the night), but is also connected to a set of Float Switches as a fail safe to prevent overflowing.

here it is:

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

I hope my links work - only did this a couple of times before

Thanks guys,

I was really getting sick of the buckets!

Also, may I add, I adopted Nammy's suggestion of reducing the weekly water changes - the system likes it!

TA - you would NOT believe the size of your frags!! Thanks again (obviously from a while back). Did I get the Plate Monti from you? It is huger than huge!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10454244#post10454244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rainer Feyer
Did I get the Plate Monti from you? It is huger than huge!
Yup...at the meeting you hosted.

Back