FL weather update

cgh38

Anybody knows what the weather it's like for diving down in FL ?I'm waiting for my 2nd shipment but it seems the weather is still bad down there, anybody else waiting for their rock?

Still waiting also. the rock is worth the months wait from what I've seen growing on the first shipment.

It is 43 degrees here and the wind is howling. It is supposed to get down close to 30 tomorrow night and Saturday night, but the wind should die down a bit.

Thanks guys !
Did any of you get the critters or clean up crew yet? Mary told me I can get them If I wanted to but I don't know if it's worth it or they may starve with out the extra rocks I do have a lot of algea growing though..
Any advise will be greatly appreciated

I guess I'm sitting in the same boat here ;)
My algae is having a ball in the tank ... can't wait for my clean up crew!!!!

P L E A S E let there be diving weather soon, so I can get my second shipment!!!!!!!!
Maybe a weather dance would help? <walks off dancing>

Manuela

you can always go to your LFS and pick up a couple aglae eating hermits to tide you over until TBS part 2 arrives

we_want_Nemo said:
I guess I'm sitting in the same boat here ;)
My algae is having a ball in the tank ... can't wait for my clean up crew!!!!

P L E A S E let there be diving weather soon, so I can get my second shipment!!!!!!!!
Maybe a weather dance would help? <walks off dancing>

Manuela

Algae on rocks (hairy looking stuff): Don't worry, your cleanup hermits will love it. Brown film on glass: Your cleanup snails will take care of it, but won't be nearly as efficient. Get a magnet or a scraper, and get some exercise scraping it off the walls. You'll need it anyway after Part II arrives.

Macroalgae growing on rocks: Good stuff, your tang (presuming you intend to get a tang) will love it and eat it all in 2 weeks...

Hermits can't climb walls, so if you've got hairy stuff growing on the walls, scrape it off & let it get sucked either into a sponge or overflow where you can fish it out & dump it.

I did just that. I got three turbos for the first half of my 120 package thats been sit up for a little over 2weeks. The snails have done a great job and I often move them from rock to rock to get most of the algea. I tell ya those boys can eat some algea!!! Anyways, yeah its hard waiting for the last part after you witness whats in the tank now.....well gotta run and do my FL sunny weather dance....again

Back