Flatworms are KILLING ME

Lpabsolute

Hey guys. I have a 30g cube tank. Its been setup for about a year and plenty of growth. I have a flatworm issue. I've been dealing with them for the past 3 months. I have dosed flatworm exit, and haven't noticed that it does anything. I add it to tank then wait about an hour before doing water change. Nothing....I have sucked all of them out of the tank (all that are visible) then done water change, but they still come back a few days later. I have been doing weekly water changes and keep sucking them out with hose but they still come back. I purchased a sixline but he jumped out the tank. IDK what else to do at this point. Can't take everything out of the tank, they are starting to effect my corals, lost frogspawn that i had on my sand bed as well as a few dusters. Please give advice.....

Are you running carbon? When dosing with Flatworm exit you need remove it.
Also, you may want to wait longer than an hour before doing a water change.... wait till you see some dead ones floating around.
Could be you need a stronger dose as well. Take a gallon jug filled with your tank water and and scoop up a few flatworms with it. Add one drop at time to it to see what amount actually kills them and multiply that by your tank volume and that will be your effective dosage.

Back