Fluconazole - Bryopsis Killer

kjonulak

Has anyone tried this?

I was using Vibrant and getting ok results. The Vibrant wiped out my bubble algae and made my water very clear. The Bryopsis was a lot easier to remove but it wasn't dying like I saw it work for others. So I came across this thread at reef 2 reef. I guess I can't list other forums. You will have to fill in the blanks.
http://www.*********.com/threads/bryopsis-cure-my-battle-with-bryopsis-using-fluconazole.285096/

You dose 20mg's of Fluconazole/gallon, which is used as a fish fungus treatment. You dose once and wait. The meds start to show results in a few days. Within 2 weeks the Bryopsis is gone. Seems that it also kills hair algae which also disappears during the 2 week wait. Some folks turn off carbon, skimmer, etc. Others leave it running. After 2 weeks you do a water change and your done. I am now 4 days into treatment and my Bryopsis is looking pretty beat up.

The picture on top is day 1. Lower picture is day 3. Today the Bryopsis is all matted together.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
I can tell you and everyone else that it works. I dosed 3 capsules last Monday and my bryopsis is nearly gone and I can see my zoas again. Well worth the 15 bucks I paid for 10 capsules.

I just got mine. The price is going up on this stuff just FYI. I will be doing 1, 200mg pill per 10 gallons of total water volume.

Well, thanks to you and this thread, I reviewed the other thread you referenced, and purchased Fluconazole to treat my Bryopsis, that I have been battling for years.

This is the single most important thread ever, in terms of my tank maintenance, as I am happy to report my Bryopsis is nearly gone after just 3 days dosing Fluconazole 20 mg per gallon of tank water.

What is even more impressive, it that my system doses another 180g tank at 2.5 gallons per day, and it too has Bryopsis that is almost completely gone! That is at a dose of 0.7 mg per gallon of tank water!! So, it is clear, it takes very little Flconazole to kill Bryopsis.

There has been no ill effects on any of my tank inhabitants.

This is truly a gift from the reef keeping Gods, THANK YOU !!!!

Does anyone have any reports on a month or two down the road after stopping dosing Fluconazole. Has anyone had anything return? I know a lot of Kent Mag dosers reported it coming back with a vengeance down the road...

Not currently combating (knock on wood), just always good to have a bryopsis killer in your stable of elixirs!

Does anyone have any reports on a month or two down the road after stopping dosing Fluconazole. Has anyone had anything return? I know a lot of Kent Mag dosers reported it coming back with a vengeance down the road...

Not currently combating (knock on wood), just always good to have a bryopsis killer in your stable of elixirs!

According to the data on the link I provided to the other site. Even months after treatment, the Bryopsis did not return.

Well, thanks to you and this thread, I reviewed the other thread you referenced, and purchased Fluconazole to treat my Bryopsis, that I have been battling for years.

This is the single most important thread ever, in terms of my tank maintenance, as I am happy to report my Bryopsis is nearly gone after just 3 days dosing Fluconazole 20 mg per gallon of tank water.

What is even more impressive, it that my system doses another 180g tank at 2.5 gallons per day, and it too has Bryopsis that is almost completely gone! That is at a dose of 0.7 mg per gallon of tank water!! So, it is clear, it takes very little Flconazole to kill Bryopsis.

There has been no ill effects on any of my tank inhabitants.

This is truly a gift from the reef keeping Gods, THANK YOU !!!!

I would have to agree that this was a great find. My little 9 gallon nano was overrun with Bryopsis, this was the only treatment that eliminated my Bryopsis. I tried the Kent Tech M and Vibrant. Neither one killed it off. The Vibrant did kill off my bubble algae.

In my 45 gallon tank, I had 2 small spots of Bryopsis and a little hair algae. The Bryopsis was eliminated within a few days. My hair algae has mostly turned gray/white. There are 2 areas that are still somewhat holding on. Today was day 14 of the treatment on the tank. I am going to give it a couple more days. If the HA is still not gone, I will do a second treatment.

I am planning on using the fluconazole as part of my coral QT process.

So does anyone have three caps left over for our 30 gallon coral tank in my classroom? I can pay if you want to sell them. Thanks

Has anyone seen an increase in cyano after using the Fluconazole? I bought some but saw a few posts about cyano outbreaks so I've been waiting to use it?

Has anyone seen an increase in cyano after using the Fluconazole? I bought some but saw a few posts about cyano outbreaks so I've been waiting to use it?

Most folks myself included had a cyano outbreak, but it was due to using Vibrant prior to and during the fluconazole treatment.

Ordered some up, I can give you a few tabs for the school tank. Must be getting around as the site says they are starting to see limited supplies and will only sell 10 or 20qty packages right now, said they will have the large ones available in a cpl weeks.

Where can I get hear from? The link posted didn't work for me and I'm desperate for this stuff!

Also, any one try the tablets as opposed to the capsule?

That's the link that had me confused. When I clicked "buy now" it redirected me to the PayPal website and asked for a product description and price. I have paypal but I haven't really used it... so if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out:hmm5::headwally:

Never mind. I didn't scroll far enough :)

Back