Fluconazole - Bryopsis Killer

side note: some people have seen their bubble algae disappear, without being able to directly relate it to the fluco, timing was about the same though. In my tank I had about a 50-65% reduction in bubble, but it could have been another factor.

90% of bubble gone after my first dose at the less than the recommended dose (10000mg on ~800gal). Took about 2 weeks.
One thing I noticed is a lot of green and purple slime algae appearing, similar to cyano. Anyone else getting this?

90% of bubble gone after my first dose at the less than the recommended dose (10000mg on ~800gal). Took about 2 weeks.
One thing I noticed is a lot of green and purple slime algae appearing, similar to cyano. Anyone else getting this?

I had a green cyano slim appear in one of my tanks. I assumed it was due to the fact I had been using the Vibrant product heavily. My other tank did not get any slim. I used chemiclean to rid the tank of the green cyano. It was gone in 2 days.

I had a green cyano slim appear in one of my tanks. I assumed it was due to the fact I had been using the Vibrant product heavily. My other tank did not get any slim. I used chemiclean to rid the tank of the green cyano. It was gone in 2 days.

Thanks, that might be it. We were testing out Vibrant for a few months prior and noticed that. Guess we wont be carrying Vibrant till its proven to be effective.

I noticed three small patches of green cyano in my 29g mixed reef in my classroom that we dosed with fluco for GHA. I also did a quick dose of chemiclean and it disappeared. (We have never used vibrant). Once the GHA and Byropsis is eliminated I'm guessing there is a slightly higher level of nutrients due to the dead algae and the lack of a natural turf scrubber effect.

2nd dose came in the mail today, time to rid the last bit of hair and last 20% of the remaining bubble.

A friend is also dosing a 250g system to test it against different algaes including the ones mentioned in this thread and ulva

I am at day 12 going to pull plug at 14 tank is to stressed, lost a few sps. Will redoes later once it recovers. Did chemiclean before fluc so not sure what happened it's killing gha not sure if it will kill all

Day 6. Bryo is gone. Going to let it go for another day or two then restart skimmer and carbon/GFO. Large water change at Day 14 still.

DA636D99-9A44-4200-B4D3-E8C772D67685.jpg

B3C16FEA-485B-44C8-AAA7-B3C1BDBAEBDE.jpg

ADAB1732-861F-44EF-AB66-858DF1CD309D.jpg

Little reddish/orange zoas fell off the rock, reattached elsewhere.

I must have a super strain, because it's been nearly two weeks with very little die off. My 20 gallon has shown better results, but not like some of other people's experience apparently.

From what I read a second treatment is not uncommon. I would wait till 21 days maybe last week will do it

Bryo is completely gone (dinos, too - but maybe unrelated). Still have some GHA hanging around, but not too bothersome at the moment.

Did a 20G water change today, and restarted UV, skimmer, and carbon. Will see how things look in another two weeks - may hit it again if the GHA persists.

I must have a super strain, because it's been nearly two weeks with very little die off. My 20 gallon has shown better results, but not like some of other people's experience apparently.

Bryopsis or GHA? GHA takes longer.

How much did you add?

Here's an update on my GHA annihilation...today is Day 20
since I dosed my tank to attack my GHA. Significant die off! I'm very happy with the results thus far! I'm going to do a big water change this weekend, let my tank settle for a week or so, and then I'll most likely hit it with a second dose. Here's some before/after pics:
9f7cb9a592d78ea7f4d82b5ad62b18a0.jpg
dad12d9295cca465938823157bd242b1.jpg
39af7330f80573bec0fba5ff166ff433.jpg
a1a83c22521719392464fc2beb66bd72.jpg
10cc105d18cd46f8e5af9dd6340c4105.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on day 10 and have noticed a reduction of GHA. I haven't seen this question answered... How long will the GHA stay away? Of course we need good husbandry... weeks...Months???

thanks

rcih

From another forum I was on people were Bryopsis and GHA free for over 6 months with no signs of an outbreak. It's been several months for me now. So far so good. Yes good husbandry is a must. Also I have not added any new corals, fish, snails, etc. bringing in new stuff might re-infect tank. My thought was to use fluconazole in my QT to stem off any unwanted algaes.

My gha was 80% gone after first treatment but came back fast in a week so started a second dose. Not sure how to get all those nutrient out fast enough to prevent outbreak. I did a 30% WC but not enough apparently. Wondering if WC during treatment would be better. A few reefers were doing a water change with fluc in replacement water

Back