For Sale in San Benancio

Debbie64

Save a fish; eat a burger
Premium Member
Hi all -

I haven't posted here in quite a while. Cutting to the chase, I got busy and after just 5 years, I reluctantly decided to get out of the hobby. I've already donated all my livestock to the Monterey Bay Aquarium - they'll be part of an upcoming exhibit so at least I can go visit them. :) That just leaves the equipment.

Rather than list it here, I've thrown up a web page that includes descriptions, pictures, prices, etc. (including weights and estimated box sizes for shipping). I'm posting these here first so that the locals get first shot. Ideally, picking up would be to your advantage: No shipping plus freebies.

Have a look and post in this thread if interested. Thanks!

http://opal.montereybaydesign.com/for-sale.html

Debbie

Last edited by a moderator:
Debbie- The rose Mille that you donated is a lovely piece! I think it's awesome that you did that. Its good to see a shot of your reef as well.

I'm interested in a few items but finances are limiting for me right now. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for making this available in a nice format.

Last edited:
Whoops, sorry, Kraylen. Magnets spoken for.

And thank you for looking, klepto. :)

Debbie

Hi -

My tank was a 90 gal. The Ca reactor is 27" high from the base to the top of the "burp" valve (which I actually never had to use after I T'd off my return pump). The acrylic cylinder is 3 1/2" diam.

I built the biggest size I could for my stand. Since I had leftover acrylic tube, I figured I could make second diffuser if I needed it. (This is the original build thread)

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what it might be rated for. I know that it's bigger and performs better than one I bought when I first got into the hobby and that one was - wow, I had to go to that build thread to remember the name of that first reactor. It was a Marine Life Aquatics 150 - which I'm assuming would have to be rated for up to 150 gal.

I've also got a mag 2 on it which pushes more water - if I'm not mistaken - than the Eheim 1046 which came with my first reactor. Yeah, the Eheim is about 80 gph and the mag 2 is 250 gph. My design was upflow using gen x media with input water t-d off my return pump.

That's the long answer. The short answer is I don't know - LOL - but I'm pretty sure it would work for a 120 - unless, possibly, you were maintaining an SPS dominated tank...

Incidentally, the for sale page has been updated since I sold a few items this morning. :)

Last edited:
It was really nice meeting you today and thanks again for all the goodies :D We just got home and I opened all the stuff now my whole living room is full of reef stuff...better than christmas!!! Now just gotta figure out this controller and hook it all up :spin1: :inlove: :lol2:

Back