For those dosing full strength kalkwasser/ kalk reactor users

spscrackhead

Curious how much full strength you are dosing daily. Please include some basic system information.

I have a 75 gallon lightly stocked mixed reef that is slightly leaning towards sps dominant. I am dosing about 4,000 ml daily thru my reactor. The tank is less than a year old and coraline is starting to blow up (my reasoning behind the usage). I am thinking about starting to add vinegar to help give me a stronger dose as I am getting to my limit with evaporation.

I never kept track of the dosing amount per day, but pointing a fan at the water column can increase evaporation a lot, in my experience.

My total system volume is about 35 gallons and I'm replacing through evap which amounts to almost exactly 1 litre per 24hrs. I have almost no coraline in my display. There is more coraline in my sump and my skimmer is loaded which is right beside where my topoff refills.

Hmm, that sounds like a reasonable evaporation rate for that size system. That's probably only a bit lower than where my tanks were, depending on the season.

Back