Formalin MS, Seachem ParaGuard or freshwater dip?

Tanthaitrung

Dear all,

I have a Formalin MS and a Seachem ParaGuard but not use yet.

Anyone use these methods can give me some advices?

Thanks in advance
Khanh

I use Paraguard as a bath. Just follow the directions on the bottle. Something like 3ml per gallon for 1 hr bath.

The first thing I do when I get a new fish is put it in two gallons of water mixed with 2 ml of formalin with a little heater and air stone. Leave it in there for about an hour. It helps to reduce stress if you ask your supplier or pet store where they keep there SG at. Have that formalin water and your quarantine tank water matched to that. Then just soak fish in bag for 15 mins to get temp up and put it right in the formalin dip. Then after an hour put it in your QT. I then proceed with tank transfer method and a couple rounds of prazipro on the second and fourth tank transfers. Then are a month of observation after TTM it goes in my display if it shows no signs of disease.

The first thing I do when I get a new fish is put it in two gallons of water mixed with 2 ml of formalin with a little heater and air stone. Leave it in there for about an hour. It helps to reduce stress if you ask your supplier or pet store where they keep there SG at. Have that formalin water and your quarantine tank water matched to that. Then just soak fish in bag for 15 mins to get temp up and put it right in the formalin dip. Then after an hour put it in your QT. I then proceed with tank transfer method and a couple rounds of prazipro on the second and fourth tank transfers. Then are a month of observation after TTM it goes in my display if it shows no signs of disease.

I do the same with my quarantine procedures, but I do 50 minutes bath in Formalin. Make sure you use an airstone with Formalin.

If two fish are housed together, can you dip them together? Hope the OP doesn't not mind the question in their thread.

Thanks for your sharing :thumbsup:

IMO a freshwater dip is a lot harder on them than a formalin dip. Some species of fish won't handle a freshwater dip well and can die. It can also cause swim bladder issues. And I know that from personal experience.

Back