Frag my Green Tyree Toadstool

SumoBlenny

Hi everybody! After years of trying to avoid it, my green tyree toadstool just got too big for my tank so I had to take some cuttings off of it. The cuttings are available at $35 for small frags at about one inch, one and a half inch frags for $50 and large three to four inch pieces for $100 each. All of the frags were cut over a month ago so they are fully healed, some are loose and some are being mounted on rubble. I purchased the original frag about three years ago when it was the size of a thumbnail and by the time I cut it, its crown was over ten inches across. I have included some pictures below of a couple of the cuttings as well as a photo of the parent colony and a close-up of the tentacles. Please feel free to pm or e-mail me if you'd like to see the corals in person.

115255greenfull.jpg

115255greententacles.jpg

115255GREENCUT.JPG

I have seen this coral in person and it is worth every penny! Anna I will take a frag. It might be a few weeks before I can pick it up as I will be in new mexico until friday and then on to california. Send paypal and I will pay in advance. It will be nice to see you and olin again.

ynnhoj86-I originally paid 75 dollars for a dime sized frag a few years ago. The price has droped somewhat as these have become more available, however these prices are still well below current retail prices for this strain. Fragscitycorals has them for 40 dollars for a one inch frag plus shipping and aquaticcollection.com has them for 66 dollars for a one inch frag plus shipping.

Gary - it is nice to hear from you. I'll defintely save you a frag. I know you I always recieved nice corals and lights from you.

I know what you mean about this coral, I paid like $80 for a .25 piece a yr. ago. Mine is a Tyree LE also. I've seen frags locally for $25 for the same Tyree LE Neon Green Sarcophyton. You may want to try frags dot org or fragoutpost dot com to list your corals. Also try the selling forum here, seems like I always see people looking for this one. - GL

Thanks coraldaddy. I just have a couple left now. I think Olin has an account at the first site, I'll see if I can get him to put them up for me.

Back