Frag plug removal

Chriss614

Hello, I wanted to know how most people get new frags off of their discs. I want to put all new frags on new discs to help decrease the chance of introducing parasites into my system, and to have all frags on the same kind of disc. Do you just scrap them off with a blade gently, only way I could see encrusting corals come off?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Generally, if you can get something sharp between the glue and the plug, a little twist and it pops right off.

If a coral is encrusted onto the plug it's not coming off. If it isn't then a butter knife or screwdriver should work to pop it off.

I use a screwdriver. I remember dipping my corals in Coral RX and at the end of the dipping time, I decided to pop off the plug. I was surprise at the critters that were still alive between the coral and plug. That was the last time I left a plug on before I dipped.

I use a small flathead screwdriver to pop them off, if I need to, and then put a sandwhich of superglue gel, watersafe jb weld and more superglue gel, stick that to rubble rock and put it in the tank.

Back