Frag tank filtration??

SpikeDangles

I am setting up a 10gallon tank as a frag tank/ coral quarantine. I'm going to buy a few frags at a time, QT and observe while they grow out, then add to display if everything is good.

This tank is going to be separate from the display and I was planning to add some snails and one small fish. I have a Jebao pp4 for water flow and I'm using mars hydro led for lighting.

My question is, what kind of filtration is needed here if I'm going to do 10-15% weekly water changes? Space is limited so I was hoping a simple hang on filter would suffice. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be fine as long as you don't add fish. If you have space, add some bio balls or even sand. I started with a bare bottom frag tank and eventually added sand it did better almost right away.

Best filter for small tanks is water changes. I would ditch the filter and allow powerhead to circulate everythig so corals grab everything.

I would just use a HOB filter and call it a day. If the frags are going to be suspnded on a rack though you could add a few pieces of live rock to the tank and put these under them. This is basically what I did in my 10 gallon frag tank.

Back