FRAGGING DEMO!!! April 18th FRAG MEETING

Helfrichs Chic

Some of you may remember the Fragging Demo hosted by Skip (formerly from ATR) and Frank from TropOasis last year. They have agreed to do it once again!

For anyone who did not attend it was GREAT! They brought several species of corals in and showed the proper way to frag and mount corals, dremel and all. This IMO is such a great thing to learn, and to me reefing is all about growing and distributing captive raised corals.

After the demo I am sure there will be fresh cut frags up for sale, and there might even be some for FREE!

What corals would YOU like to see at the fragging demo???
Last year as a blast and everyone took away some good info, and some great frags, so please mark this on your calendar, will see you there!

That sounds like a great meeting. I would say for demos:

Zoa, some LPS = Beginner
SPS some LPS = moderate
Acans = Advanced.

I would like to see Acan fragging personnaly.

Since I'm still left in the past and just do zoas, I always wondered how people do like three or four polyps from a colony. If they cut the rock or scrape off a few and just glue them one by one. The only ones I ever do either fall off or grow in mats and the mat come loose so I trim it and glue it to another rock.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14196320#post14196320 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KRASHPD
That sounds like a great meeting. I would say for demos:

Zoa, some LPS = Beginner
SPS some LPS = moderate
Acans = Advanced.

I would like to see Acan fragging personnaly.
+1
I'd like to see each of these actually... especially LPS and acans

I can not wait to attend. This is such a great idea and is very helpful for those of us who have never thought to frag and just buy stuff at the LFS.

I will come by just to watch and I will try and drag my brother with me who has the Reef tank. He just needs to make sure he can get off but I will come and at least watch and learn something and maybe show him how you do it.

Thanks
George.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14316266#post14316266 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Frank AZ
I have a huge clump of candy canes that are overdue to be fragged that I may drag in.
sweet! I'd like to see as many different corals as possible as all I've really fragged are palys, zoos, and a birdsnest by accident. What color are the canes frank?

Any chance of hooking a video camera up and using the tvs in the place to show the demo? Might be easier than everyone trying to get a look crowded around the demo person. Just a thought

that might be a great idea.... we are scheduled to be in the back room, but I ill see what can be done. Last time we had the pool tables and it wasnt to bad to et in here and see. I will see what gadgets frank has for hooking it up to the tv. Thanks

Back