FREE 300 gallon tank, stand, and canopy

zachfishman

Hello TBRC. The College of Marine Science in St. Petersburg is replacing its lobby reef aquarium. This December I will be removing all the livestock and dismantling the tank (pictured below) and replacing it with an acrylic system.

I do not want to move this tank. It took six strong men to hoist this thing into place using lifts, ramps, etc. Details about the system are below. Anyone willing to hire a moving company to extract this thing, it's yours. And if you're so kind, a small donation to the Marine Exploration Center towards the replacement tank would be most appreciated. If this doesn't find a home, it's going to the dumpster. No animals or equipment is going with the system, but I can part with some live rock.

You can check the tank out during normal business hours at the USF College of Marine Science, MSL building lobby (entrance is at the end of the peninsula).

Specifics:
  • Tank: 88"L x 24"W x 36"T 3/4" thick glass, has its fair share of scratches, I do not know if it is tempered.
  • Stand: 98"L x 28"W x 42"T wood. Overlaps tank by 2"
  • Canopy: recently resurfaced, LxW matches stand, 15" tall, overlaps tank by 2", internal height 11.5"
  • glued on blue internal background
  • center overflow 12"L x 9"W, drilled for a single 1" drain and single 3/4" return. We currently run a Mag9.5 dialed back by ~1/3.
  • 1" and 3/4" bottom bulkheads for closed loop. Right now both are feeding it and the output is routed over the top at each end.
  • Stand completely open throughout, 84" unobstructed length
  • At center, stand has braces front and back intruding 2" at the back and 4" at the front
  • Stand internal height 35.5"
  • Top access is limited: there are three openings (two 13" wide and a center 16" wide). This doesn't affect light dispersal as much as you'd think. We've had both MHs (3x250w) and LEDs (4x OceanRevive T427) and coverage looked fine.

PM me if you're interested.

IMG_6381%20copy.jpg

IMG_6382%20copy.jpg

IMG_6383%20copy.jpg

IMG_6384%20copy.jpg

IMG_6385%20copy.jpg

IMG_6386%20copy.jpg

IMG_6387%20copy.jpg

IMG_6388%20copy.jpg

IMG_6389%20copy.jpg

IMG_6390%20copy.jpg

If by some miracle ur two parties fall through I'm ready to inherit this beauty