Free 80W T5 bulbs USED

w16227

Premium Member
Hey all,

that time of year - need to replace the old T5 bulbs.

My old ones are free to anyone wanting them. From what I have read, the T5 can go for ~ 16 months useable life for reefs, but I typically change them over at 12 months.

Would also be good for FO tanks or if someone wanted to experiment with different bulb colors on the cheap....

edit....the bulbs have been powered by STANDARD (not-overdriven) ballasts

Location - Mundelein area

6500K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent (GE0007)

80W 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent (ATI1007) by ATI

3 x 80W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent (ATI1015) by ATI

1 x 80W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent (KZ0007) by Korallen Zucht

(I probably have more than these lying around as well)

Also - in the likely event that nobody wants some/all of the bulbs - what is the typical method of disposal? The 80W are the long bulbs - so I really do not want them sticking out of a trash can on the curb. Is there a "standard" way of disposal or a way to get them recycled in Chicagoland?

THANKS

To add to your post, I'll soon have a T-5 fixture up for sale that uses twelve 80W T-5 bulbs. It your interested in the fixture this is a great deal on bulbs to experiment with.

To add to your post, I'll soon have a T-5 fixture up for sale that uses twelve 80W T-5 bulbs. It your interested in the fixture this is a great deal on bulbs to experiment with.

The 80 watts are officially 57.6" L (per reefgeekDOTcom which is where I bought them all from). The 80W are good for a 6' tank (mine a 125G)

FYI - I probably will have 12 bulbs by the end of the weekend for anyone interested. Mix of aquablue, purple, blue plus and a couple GE daylight bulbs. I still have "last years" in the garage, lol.

What I have read - T5 are usually good for 12-16 months so they might have some useable "light" left in them for blackhawks fixture to test.

Drawback of course - these are the LONG ones for 6 foot tanks so not everyone could use them (heck - if shorter I would probably keep and start a frag tank, lol).

Back