Free T5 bulbs

oblio

I picked up a couple of new SunBlaster 36" T5 fixtures for my tank. The fixtures come with a swanky 65k bulb for growing your weed. :spin2: or growing macro algae.
I was wondering if someone could use them, they have about 1min run time to test the fixtures when I pulled them out of the package. Now they sit in the closet waiting for the inevitable day when they fall and break.

Anyone want them?

I have 4 48" of these as well if someone needs. Like oblio, never used (i quit growing weed 35 years ago when I was in college :) ..... just kidding, never did)!

hey how are those fixture I was going to go buy 2 of them because I am downsizng to 6 LEDs and I currently have 4 dual ready fit lights so I need a pair of single t5's any pics of them :)

hey how are those fixture I was going to go buy 2 of them because I am downsizng to 6 LEDs and I currently have 4 dual ready fit lights so I need a pair of single t5's any pics of them :)

If you are talking about the SunBlasters, I think there a darn steal. Real nice reflectors, and the hanging hardware allowed me to install in about 10 mins complete. Plus they are linkable via a cable that comes with the light. Other than the 64k bulb, I couldnt ask for more.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dlawngarden&field-keywords=sunblaster&sprefix=sunbl%2Clawngarden

If you are talking about the SunBlasters, I think there a darn steal. Real nice reflectors, and the hanging hardware allowed me to install in about 10 mins complete. Plus they are linkable via a cable that comes with the light. Other than the 64k bulb, I couldnt ask for more.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dlawngarden&field-keywords=sunblaster&sprefix=sunbl%2Clawngarden

Hey question I notice that in picture the power cord is at the end of the fixture how do you mount them? I have a hood and if the power cords at the end I might not have the right room. Also could you show a picture of it?

I can post a picture later but yes, the cord is on the end. On a 48 inch fixture, you need 48 inches including cord.

It was really tight fitting two end to end in my 8' canopy, I had to stagger them a bit. In a 4' tank I would be tempted to go with the 36" fixture.

Yeah i have 47.5 clearance at side and almost 49 at the top lip this how my current lights are setup

eb193ea0952c6485542455ecc3bc1548.jpg

The lengths are listed on the individual lights if you look at the specs, if I remember right my hood was 3/4" too short to house the 48"s and that's not including the cross connect cable.
For this exact reason I ended up using 36" fixtures in my 4 foot hood. I would rather of had the 48, but its really just a 6" gap on each end, so I didn't sweat it. They have two hanging options out of the box, both are basically the same, the fixture has a detent or groove running the length of each side of the fixture, they provide a "clip" that catches this groove and pinches the fixture. One pair of hangers is designed to mount directly with a screw or bolt. the other looks the same but has an eyelet on top so you can hang the light. Hope I described this well enough. Honestly the mounts are simple and very effective. I like the idea that i can remove the lights in my hood in about 10 seconds.

Back